Saturday, November 13, 2010

Good Morning!

Here I am on the eve of my 60th birthday starting a Blog.
How cool is that!

First topic… what should I call my Blog. Well I guess that depends on what I’ll be posting. I don’t know how it will evolve, and I certainly expect it will, but I’m thinking I would like to begin by posting some of my photos and maybe discuss what I’m interested in photographing. What I’m learning technically. Photos that I find in other places that I like. I’m thinking I may do only Black and white images.  That’s mostly a stylistic decision for now. We’ll see how it goes. PhotoShop is another area that I would like to discuss. It’s such a powerful program…I’m always learning new things. Maybe if I write them down here I’ll remember them the next time I need ‘em, HA!

So three things:
Stuff I’m interested in photographing and why:
·     This is a pretty broad topic. Custom mototcycles and cars. Currently cafĂ© racers, and rat rods. Flat track racing and drag racing. I’m really interested in people who make stuff…any stuff…people who create with their hands. Music and musicians. Blues, Jazz, rock-a-billy. Landscapes…particularly my farmscapes series. Thinking about doing some more portrait work.
Photo techniques I’m experimenting with:
·     Working on being better using flash. Developing studio techniques. Thinking about trying some selective focus stuff.
Photoshop techniques I’m experimenting with:
·     Currently experimenting with hi pass and B&W retro look images Looking for ways to create distressed type. Creating silhouettes for product shots.

Probably each one of these things could be it’s own Blog but one blog is all I can handle for now.

A portrait of Uncle Phil still sharp at 88 years.


For titles I’m thinking “three things” or “3 things” might be a good name for my Blog.
Maybe “2 by 3”…the proportions of a 35mm frame.  How about “The crossroads of light and time”…hmmm

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”    
 Leonardo da Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment